Housed in an attractive, stone built, former Methodist church at the River Slaney Bridge. Tullow Museum features a splendid collection of artefacts reflecting local history, in particular Fr. Murphy’s connection with the town, including what are alleged to be his last vestments. Fr. Murphy championed Ireland’s cause for freedom in the battles of 1798. He was eventually captured near Tullow and executed in the town square where a monument now stands in his memory. The museum also features a collection of local photographs and information on burial grave stones. Tullow Museum welcomes any information or artefacts for display purposes especially photographs. Assistance with genealogy enquiries provided.